Watch Manny Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Marquez 4 Live this coming December 8, 2012 at MGM Grand Garden Arena - Las Vegas, Navada.

Manny Pacquiao Vs Juan Manuel Marquez IV: The Floyd Mayweather JR Fumble

Thursday, September 20, 2012 2:18 AM

Unlike Star Wars, Episode Four of the Pacquiao vs. Marquez rivalry will not create any new questions over the legitimacy of the previous three battles. Pacquiao vs. Marquez IV…I’m not feeling it. Or rather, I’m more surprised by it and this combat sports writer wonders why. But since I have to think about it, even feel something, I’d offer that Pacquiao vs. Marquez is an intense rivalry. As I’ve been told by many, Marquez remains adamant that he won all three bouts. Pacquiao maintains that he earned all three victories, even the split decision. Remember boxing fans, we don’t sit ringside. Well, actually, I have and I don’t know how judges do it. I’m usually right on with the judges in terms of scoring, but not until about round three when I think the fight really begins. The first two rounds can be give-mes to either fighter, but as round three comes around, the rhythm of the fight can easily be swayed.

There are a few possible reasons as to why Pacquiao and Marquez will meet for a fourth time. First, I’ll get it out there as the most obvious reason – $$$$ – yes, RSR fans, money. It’s money. And I don’t blame either Pacquiao or Marquez for choosing to fight one another in hopes of getting a bigger purse. Forget about the pride. Ignore the draw of the Pacquiao – Mayweather, JR possibility. I believe it’s about money. Mayweather, JR., seems to be making his own living at sports betting after his time in jail. He openly gambles and actually picks well. Oh, Floyd Mayweather, JR., I think you should open a sports betting company. He’d be his own best client.

Leave Comment